[pmwiki-users] FW: Opinion Polling - fun with forms

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 09:35:13 CDT 2007

Friday, April 20, 2007, 1:16:56 PM, Hans wrote:

> There is a limitation with goalmeter:
> When you vote one of the goalmeters will get a new percentage sum page
> variable set. Goalmeter then builds a new image, which is written to a
> cache directory on the server. But you see it only after refresh.
> Strange though that I see it immediately when voting.
> So maybe there is more to it I don't know yet.

I would love to have some light on this.
It seems for many a page refresh is necessary to see the images
updated, in fact to see the updated images.

But not for me, logged in as admin or not. What I see is after
submitting the vote: the page reloads with the new values, and I see
the old images loading, just briefly, and being immediately replaced
with the new updated one. What is going on here I wonder?
Has anyone any ideass on this ?

  ~Hans