[pmwiki-users] Any idea to disable RecentChanges for designated pages?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 02:26:08 CDT 2007

Saturday, April 21, 2007, 7:02:41 AM, Dr wrote:

> On the other side of the same(?) coin, I'd like editing changes by
> someone (with non-admin password access) to have the system leave an
> email fingerprint in Recent Changes of some sort to help admins trace
> issues, or abuse, occasionally pops up.  Then be able to block abuser
> emails from editing in the future, rather than changing passwords for
> everyone.

not sure I understand you:
You want users who already need a password to be able to edit pages to
reveal their email address to admins, so in case of abuse an email
address of the offender can be blocked?
If you use AuthUser and have individual user name/password pairs, you
could have a list of user's email addresses, compiled from their
applications to be admitted.
And you can force the Author name always to be the logged in AuthId,
and not use any author input text boxes. So RecentChanges are always
showing as author the genuine AuthId of the logged in user.

  ~Hans