[pmwiki-users] LaTeX markup and PmWiki

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue Apr 24 19:13:27 CDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 08:32:28PM -0300, Jos? Geraldo Gouv?a wrote:
> Kathryn Andersen escreveu:
> > I agree with all these reasons!  That's why I personally went the
> > GeneratePDF route, which uses htmldoc for the conversion to PDF.
> I used GeneratePDF for a while, but it still falls short of my goals.
> > It isn't as pretty, but it's a heck of a lot easier to set up.  I agree
> > that having LaTeX would be nicer, since TeX produces lovely output.
> >
> And you haven't seen what xelatex (texlive-xetex) can do using random
> fonts installed in your system.

Yes, I'd never heard of xelatex or xetex before you mentioned them.
I've now gone and found out more; it looks cool.  I'm trying to figure
out whether it will be possible to replace my tetex with texlive (tetex
is supported by my Linux distribution, but texlive isn't).

> The same way it works with LaTeX input, presneting it as HTML just like
> PmWiki markup, it could work for LaTeX output, replacing PmWiki markup
> with LaTeX markup and presenting the resulting document between
> <pre>tags</pre>. Such behaviour would be associated with a page action
> (action=print or action=export, for instance).
>
> But for some reason I can't figure out, if you put a long list of rules
> like this, some rules work while others don't. So I was a bit
> disencouraged from extending the recipe or from creating the reverse rules.

Maybe start afresh, looking at scripts/stdmarkup.php again...?

Kathryn Andersen