[pmwiki-users] mailform variant 4?

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Apr 27 14:31:13 CDT 2007

Tegan Dowling wrote:

>     Check out mailform-s on
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MailForm
>
> Hi Sandy:  Yes, I saw that, and was duly impressed.  I downloaded both
> your mailfom-s and the mailform version it was based on, and flipped
> back and forth, making note of how yours differed from the other, in
> (faint) hope that once I saw what you'd done, I'd both understand it and
> be able to adapt it to the MailForm2 recipe.  I did pretty-much
> understand it, but the two variants are so different that adapting what
> you'd done to the other version is completely beyond me (as I said,
> there are some pretty fundamental things about MailForm2 that I just
> don't get, so this is no surprise).
>
> If you or anyone did care to look into this, I'd entreat you to approach
> it by looking at creating a random code thing that would plug into the
> Input recipe.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, though!
>
> Tegan

I took a quick look at the Input recipe, and it looks promising. The CSS
would probably come from the skin, which would be nice.

This coming week is hectic, and web programming practice keeps getting
moved. I still have to look up each and every function, and am thrilled
when a form and script share variables nicely, let alone do anything
useful with them. So, I might take a look at it late next week, but no
promises. I mainly put mailform-s up so others could improve on it.

Sandy