[pmwiki-users] DiscussionTab doesn't work at all

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:12:52 CDT 2007

On 4/29/07, Eugen Grigorescu <eugen.grigorescu at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I want my wiki to have a discussion tab and a language tab like in:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DiscussionTab
>
> I tried to follow the description but I probably didn't understand the exact meaning.
> I first installed the monobook skin which worked just fine and then I tried to install the DiscussionTab. I tried to follow the "solution" by adding the content of disctab.php into the local/config.php and then I tried to add these lines:
>
> <!--function:DefineAction browse  Artikel | $ScriptUrl/$BaseName-->
>  <!--function:DefineAction discuss $[Diskussion]-->
>
> into the monobook.tmpl. And here is the problem: I don't know where exactly to add them.
> I tried pretty much every place but it didn't work. I know I'm an unexperienced php-programmer and wiki-user. I hope somebody can help me. I have the feeling I've overseen something.

This recipe seems to be quite outdated. Through the help of
PageActions [1], the feature is directly available without any skins
customization. Some usage samples are also available [2].

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SitePageActions
[2] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentPageLink

Dominique