[pmwiki-users] ZAP mail problem

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Apr 30 17:00:24 CDT 2007

On 4/30/07, the Other michael <xraysmalevich at gmail.com> wrote:
> My two cents -- having the ZAP docs externally is a barrier-to-entry
> for editing.
>
> There have been a few things that I've wanted to clarify, but didn't
> because I can't see a way to add to the docs.
>
> I just decided to push this a bit farther, and attempted to manually
> modify the address with "?action=edit" and see what happens ... I got
> prompted to create an account, got listed as being logged in... but
> still can't edit.
>
> Dan -- I suggest moving the docs to PmWiki.org, mirroring the docs on
> PmWiki.og*, or open things up for editing. (*but then -- if "we" edit
> docs at PmWiki, and Dan edits at ZapSite.... oy, vey!)

I don't want to move them to PmWiki for two reasons.

1) I often do offline editing and then upload the changes.  Or
download edits, so I need ftp access.  There's a lot of stuff up at
ZAPsite.

2) I want to enable ZAP to demo how it works, not just document it.
So I need ZAP enabled. Because of all ZAP's capabilities, I won't
really expect Pm to enable it at PmWiki.

> Maybe they _are_ open for editing, but if so, it's hidden.

I would be open to giving other admins edit permission on a request
basis, but hesitate to give public access. Or maybe I could set up a
password like PmWiki or something. Because of all ZAP can do, it's
important that only trusted users be able to use it. Or maybe only
enable the doc's section and disable ZAP on those pages, etc.  I'll
see if I can't work something out.  Thank you for being willing to
help!

> (Yes, I know, if the Coyote's tricks weren't hidden, the Roadrunner
> would never fall for them... but look what happened to the Coyote!)

It's a very cool little script that allows you to double click to edit
the page--but only if you have edit permissions.  See the snippet on

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditOnDblClick

Cheers,
Dan