[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] Announce: pmwiki-social

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 30 23:35:37 CDT 2007

Jan makes many points, I just want to quickly respond to
an apparent misconception in that post...

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 03:12:37AM +0000, J. Meijer wrote:

> Can we discuss the environment or the conditions we operate in?
> That is not really the perk of pmwiki-users, with its focus on
> code, isn't it? Neither is pmwiki-devel, though I think is
> less problematic.

The pmwiki-users mailing list has never been intended to be
strictly "focus on code".  It's an open mailing list for any and
all discussions related to PmWiki.  It's perfectly okay for those
discussions to range beyond the PmWiki realm from time to time.

If people on the list feel that they want to talk strictly code,
pmwiki-devel exists for that.

> Now think of me discussing some relevant aspects of what's
> basically my life, within the pmwiki-users list. It is
> totally inappropriate!

Are there really a significant number of people on pmwiki-users
who are wanting a separate forum for totally non-PmWiki-related
topics?  So far we seem to have two votes in favor of this.