[pmwiki-users] Division block nomenclature

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 2 10:28:17 CDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 09:12:07AM -0600, Nelson E. Ingersoll wrote:
> I'm doing a little research.  There are, if I not mistaken, two major
> division block directives.  However, I don't know their names and haven't
> been able to find their names in the documentation.  So what are
>
> >>blah<<   and    (:div ...:)
> >><<              (:divend:)
>
> each called?  How would I refer to them to differentiate one from the other
> for a third party?

I don't know what they're called beyond being "divs".

The >>blah<< form is simply a shortcut for "(:div:) %blah apply=div%".
Similarly, ">><<" is a shortcut for "(:divend:)".  So, they are
in fact the same construct but with different syntax.

Any suggestions or improvements you could make for the documentation
would be greatly appreciated.