[pmwiki-users] "An author name is required" - needs to be more obvious

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 6 08:02:56 CDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Ben Wilson <dausha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/6/07, Mildiner, Melvyn <Melvyn.Mildiner at verint.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is it as simple as adding the following setting? If so, can I
> > respectfully suggest that this become the default:
> >
> > $AuthorRequiredFmt = %red%'''[++An author name is required++]'''%%;
>
> With respect, I disagree that this needs to become a default as this
> hard-codes a style.[...]
> You see, Patrick allows you to use CSS to make that statement appear
> however you want. So, the
> CSS below injected into your site's Skin

or in pub/css/local.css or via HTMLStylesFmt[]=...

> will fix the problem. The
> current PmWiki default for $AuthorRequirementFmt has the advantage for
> sites like one of mine where RED is a bad color choice.
>
> h3.wikimessage { color: red; font-size: 1.3em; }

or you can use the .wikimessage class so it works with any level
heading.  Try starting with this and adjusting to taste.

   .wikimessage { margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; font-style:italic;
    color:black; background-color:#ffffcc; padding:2px; }

Hagan