[pmwiki-users] pmgraphviz problem: No Image on Web Page?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 8 12:51:13 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 11:53:39AM -0500, Prasad Burra wrote:
> Hi ,
> can some body help me out with this problem.
> I installed pmgraphviz.php
> I installed on the server graphviz. Its running perfectly..I
> tested..its generating the files.
>
> and I edited the config.php and pasted the lines
>
> $PmGraphVizCacheDir = "$FarmD/pub/pmgraphviz";
> $PmGraphVizDotPgm = "/home/parisodh/bin/bin/dot";
> $PmGraphVizCacheDirUrl = "$FarmPubUrl/pmgraphviz";
> $PmGraphVizConvertPgm = "/usr/bin/convert";
>
> [...]
> I forgot to mention that, the image is being saved in the
> $FarmD/pub/pmgraphviz directory..but , just that its not being
> displayed on the web page??
>
> what could be the problem ?

If the image is being generated but not displayed, the problem
is almost certainly with the $PmGraphVizCacheDirUrl setting
somehow.

In this case, I suspect you meant to use $FarmPubDirUrl instead
of $FarmPubUrl, since PmWiki doesn't have a $FarmPubUrl:

   $PmGraphVizCacheDirUrl = "$FarmPubDirUrl/pmgraphviz";

But more than that, if you're using $FarmPubDirUrl you need
to make sure it is initialized before you use it.  PmWiki doesn't
set a value for $FarmPubDirUrl until after configuration files
have been loaded.

Even better, if you aren't using farms, then just leave these
variables unset so that you get the default values.

Pm

P.S.:  Yes, it appears that the documentation inside of pmgraphviz.php
is incorrect and specifies $FarmPubUrl instead of $FarmPubDirUrl.