[pmwiki-users] What to call a collection of WikiGroups

David Bessler david at davidbessler.com
Fri Aug 10 23:11:38 CDT 2007

I have a collection of very different wikis which exist as individual
WikiGroups.  I have opted to not divide them up into "Fields in a
WikiFarm."  What is the correct terminology for a wiki which contains a
bunch of different WikiGroups, each of which has its own "skin" using
PageHeader and PageFooter, and completely different functionality using
group config files?

According to previous definitions, someone unfamiliar with PmWiki's
inner workings, this is really a WikiFarm ... What else do you call it?
I mean Wikipedia is really a single Wiki.  It had one concept, and each
group is really there to support the Main group.  What if Wikipedia,
Wikibooks, and wiktionary were all groups on the same installation of
MediaWiki ... what would they call it?  I think they'd call it a farm
no?

bessler