[pmwiki-users] Speed up PmWiki

Thomas Bley thomas.bley at simple-groupware.de
Tue Aug 14 15:04:51 CDT 2007

Hello,

I modified the ticket a bit. Detecting dependencies automatically is a
bit too much for a static caching, so I think it is enough if users can
define dependencies in the (:static :) parameter.
So it generally works like this: Get-requests are cached. If a user
modifies a page with a post-request, a new static html file is written
and mod_rewrite can redirect to it. After changing a page, all static
files of the dependencies are also removed and can be recreated when the
page is called for the next time. Users will always see the latest pages.
Performance (tested with 1.8GHz, 1GB, ide storage): Without the static
cache I have 9 requests per second and with it is 116 requests per
second, so it is a good option (see attachments).

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00966

Regards,
Thomas