[pmwiki-users] Speed up PmWiki

Thomas Bley thomas.bley at simple-groupware.de
Tue Aug 14 17:12:33 CDT 2007

Hello,

$EnableHTMLCache is 1 and it is being used (I removed some NoCache()
calls for this), but it is a pmwiki-2.1.10, so maybe newer versions are
faster.
The page tested has no (:include :) or other special things.

Differences in the code:
The pageCacheFile is written with:
fwrite($fp, serialize(array($FmtV['$PageText'])));
=> so it can't be used by a mod_rewrite redirect (performance
improvement only comes with by-passing php)

Editing one page invalidates the complete cache. This handles all
dependencies correctly.
But if there are only a few dependencies among a large number of pages,
this method costs a lot of performance.
Other solutions for dependencies are:
- define dependencies explicitly in (:static ... :)
- build a dependency index similar to .linkindex
- let users do a manual refresh of a page by using ?recache in the URL
I'm currently using the last method but for a larger group of users,
this may not be ideal. Maybe you have some more ideas ?

Regards,
Thomas