[pmwiki-users] automatically changing the front page content?

Shi Sherebrin pmwiki at share-a-brain.com
Mon Aug 20 10:29:43 CDT 2007

Nicholas Buttle wrote:
> ...  is there any way to automatically change the
> content of a page in pmwiki?

There are many ways you could do this, considering that you have PHP at
your disposal.

A couple of ways that come to mind from one pmwiki-based site that I manage:

1. show an RSS feed
2. show a calendar-based report of upcoming events

If you're instead looking to rotate existing content, you might be able
to name your 'content block' pages in such a way that you could then
include each block of content based on a random number..

I just looked up "of the day" and found this recipe which may also be of
use:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RandomQuote

And there you have one of the reasons why I love PmWiki - invariably
when I think to myself, "I wonder if there's already a recipe for this",
there is!

I hope this helps,
Shi.