[pmwiki-users] Yet another blogging thingie

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Tue Aug 21 16:42:13 CDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 06:12:50PM +0200, Stéphane Heckel wrote:
> > Use {=$LastModifiedBy} in the pagelist template (old version of the
> > recipe)
> > and {*$LastModifiedBy} in the page template. The variables look
> > different because of their usage in pagelist and on the page.
>
> I have added [-''Par {=$LastModifiedBy}, le {=$LastModified}''-] in
> BlogOverviewTemplate because the {*$ ...} was showing the same value
> everywhere.

That is correct. In the overview template (which is used for the
pagelist function) you have to use {=$Variable} if you want to use a
variable from the page the pagelist code is rendering at the moment.

{*$Variable} always refers to the actually called page (which
contains the pagelist).

> > I'm using %tags%{=$:Tags}%%. This builds something like <span
> > class='tags'>
> > around the Tags which I then modify using simple CSS:
> >
> > .tags {background: url(tag_blue.gif) no-repeat;
> >     padding-left: 18px; padding-right: 9px; font-size: 90%;}
>
> so the final statement is %tags% [[!mytag]] [[!mytag2]] ... ?
> Is there a way to avoid this %tag% flag and add the picture in the built-in
> [[!tag]] function ?

Of course you can do that. If you've used the upload feature of PmWiki
you can use something like the following :

(:if ! equal "{=$:Tags}" "":)Attach:TagImageFileName.gif {=$:Tags}(:ifend:)

See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MarkupMasterIndex#Images

> Additonal remarks/comments :
>
> #1 I do no see the difference between the "read more ..." and the

The "permalink" always exists and links to the "detail" page of the blog
entry. This is handy if someone wants to bookmark the entry and not the
overview page. Also in Blogs it is quite common that the Comments can
only be seen on the "detail" page (and usually they have an additional
link called "Comments" who links to exactly the same page as "read more"
and "permalink" too :)

The "read more" link is only needed to let people know that the actual
text is more like an intro and they can find more content on the detail
page.

> #2 when you "permalink" an entry, the "Permalink" and "edit entry" should
> not be displayed, ...(if you have a sidebar)

I quite often use a right-click on permalinks to save a bookmark, open a
page in another tab (to compar edits with a previous version, e.g.), but
you can of course remove it if you like.

     Balu