[pmwiki-users] Yet another blogging thingie

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Tue Aug 21 16:55:22 CDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 01:41:48PM -0400, Andy Kaplan-Myrth wrote:
> I'm writing to ask that any blog standard that develops *not* require
> embedding creation date in the page names.

The reason why I'm using dates in the pages is quite easy. Filtering
pages for archive views (blosxom actually was the inspiration to use
YYYY, YYYY-MM, YYYY-MM-DD-pages for this) is a lot easier this way.

Also if you filter or sort by anything else than the name of the page
PmWiki has to open all existing files to get the data and create a
pagelist from that.

A heavy blog user can easily create hundreds or thousands of individual
pages that can make this a quite ressource hogging task.

So having a date AND a small "title" in the page name (search engine
optimization) seemed to be the best solution to me, but of course your
expectations may vary.

     Balu