[pmwiki-users] need photo gallery solution

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:17:46 CDT 2007

Hello - I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I'm in urgent need of a photo
gallery solution.  I have on the order of hundreds of photos, with about a
dozen more being added weekly, and want a simple "drop-n-go" gallery
solution.

My photos are of varied resolutions, from 1900x1200 to 3300x2600 or
somesuch.  I would like to have a gallery that gives thumbnails, and when
the thumbs are clicked, deliver full-sized images.

I'd be able to create a page on my site, and have my wiki link off to it,
taking users to see thumbnails of the photos.  They would be able to click
the thumbs and get a larger image.  A nice, but unnecessary feature would be
to have a slide-show capability on some select pages.

Superideally, it would integrate with PmWiki seamlessly and be supported
(nominally) by some markup.

Do you have any ideas of what I can try?

I would like an auto-resize-on-the-fly feature to enforce 1024x768 max size
regardless of underlying image size, but if that's too much to ask, I would
also like to know about any drag-n-drop image resizers that I could use
prior to uploading the images.

Thanks very much,
Russ