[pmwiki-users] Yet another blogging question

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Tue Aug 28 04:34:25 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 18:41 +0200, Stéphane Heckel wrote:

> > I'd like to be able to take the date information from each page's name
> > and use it to display a date in a more human readable format within the
> > page
>
> I have added
> [-''By {=$LastModifiedBy}, {=$LastModified}''-]
> in the BlogOverviewTemplate, right after the "Title" line.

This works, thanks - I've stuck it in both blog views.

> and my config.php file looks like (french version)
>
> setlocale(LC_TIME, 'fr_FR.utf8');
> $TimeFmt = '%d %B %Y, à %I:%M %p';

This gets me about halfway to where I'd like to be - any "new" news
successfully picks up the correct time, but old news I import all seems
to have happened today. I could, I guess, calculate the unix timestamps
for each news story and edit them into the raw wiki files, but I think
I'll have another play with page variables first (I think I remember
that PmWiki has at least some string manipulation and date/time
reformatting functions)

> It makes the date more 'Human' ;-)

It does, indeed. Thanks again,

Steve
Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902