[pmwiki-users] [Repost] Problem with $enablepathinfo

Martin Kerz m.kerz at mx.uni-saarland.de
Thu Aug 30 01:02:01 CDT 2007

Hi there,

unfortunately last time no one could help me out here. Is this the
wrong mailing list for these kind of questions?

I have a severe problem with the enablepathinfo variable running 2.1
beta 63.

When I switch it on, the wiki group gets added to $SkinDirUrl and all
paths of pictures and uploads. Links work fine, though.

e.g. The correct path for an image on my site would be:

http://server.com/uploads/Group/logo.png

When I switch on $enablepathinfo=1, the link pmwiki generates in the
source code changes to:

http://server.com/Group/uploads/Group/logo.png

It adds the group name in the path right before "/uploads".
The picture won't be shown with this wrong path.

I want to $enablepathinfo=1, because I would like to use the CleanURL
recipe.

The (Apache) server has mod_rewrite enabled, although I cannot change
rewriting rules using .htacces files. Nevertheless, the administrator
enabled the rewriting rules (from the recipe) in the configuration
himself. Could there be some problem with the rewriting rule, or is
it a problem with my cofiguration?

Thanks a lot.

Martin