[pmwiki-users] NEW RECIPE: EditMore...

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:11:18 CDT 2007

On 8/31/07, Mike Shanley <up at upisup.com> wrote:
> This recipe basically does ROS, except the user fills in input forms on
> the edit page instead of typing everything into the edit box.
>
> I will happily add another box for categories. The only issue is where
> to stick the tags themselves on the page... Should they be invisible? At
> the bottom in a styled div?
>
> Should the recipe find all the links to categories already present in
> the body of the page, or should it stick to it's own set?

MediaCat (Media Categories)[1] is a recipe that collects
[[!Categories]] and puts into a style-able div at the bottom of the
page---at display time.. It does this at display time, rather than at
save. So, there is no need to  style the categories. Your recipe would
dovetail well with that one if you did not style.

By "at display time," I mean that the author can put the categories
*anywhere* in the document. When the page is viewed (or cached), the
recipe pulls the categories from where they are then plants them at
the end of all page text (GroupFooter still follows the categories).

Otherwise, the norm is to put categories at the bottom of the page.

The question is "how are you going to collect the categories when the
page is edited?" The MediaCat recipe has a valid regex to use when you
load a page for editing.

[1]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MediaCategories

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill