[pmwiki-users] Amazon Associates Links

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 03:09:47 CST 2007

Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 3:27:31 AM, David Bengtson wrote:

> I'm trying to add links to specific books on Amazon, using images of
> books. Using the Amazon Associates link builder, I end up with some
> javascript to paste into a page to get a nice image of the book,
> pricing, etc. Looking through the PMWiki documentation, it looks like
> Cookbook/JavaScript recipe is the way to go.

Do you have to use their link builder scripting?
How about using a direct image link?
For instance this is the image link url of a book (this will break in
the email, it should be one line, sorry!):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41H5M0XF3SL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

But you can reduce it to this (the rest is just window dressing,
adding an arrow and  a white box) bare image url:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41H5M0XF3SL.jpg

and apply some width style perhaps for your wiki page, plus a float:

%lfloat width=200px%http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41H5M0XF3SL.jpg

  ~Hans