[pmwiki-users] putenv() error in config.php

Ingersoll, Nelson Nelson.Ingersoll at atmel.com
Thu Dec 6 09:55:53 CST 2007

Hi,

   I am using the exact same PmWiki in two servers.  One is served under Slackware and the other on my WinXP PC.  The Slackware system is a LAMP system.  I'm running UniformServer on my PC.  When I visit the wiki on Slackware I see no errors.  When visiting the wiki on my PC I see this error message.  "Warning: putenv() [function.putenv]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'TZ' - it's not in the allowed list in C:\home\PmWiki\local\config.php on line 26".  It is displayed at the top of the page and each subsequent page.

   The line(s), shown below, causing the problem are recommended in default config.php.  I'm guessing something is amiss in my UniformServer setup.   Does anyone have any experience which might help me figure out what I might change to correct this error?

putenv("TZ=MST5MDT");
$TimeFmt = '%B %d, %Y, at %I:%M %p %Z';

- Nelson