[pmwiki-users] $Name changed to *$FullName

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 16:21:49 CST 2007

Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 5:21:36 PM, Matt Strauser wrote:

> Was {$Name} replaced with {*$FullName}

> As in:
> [[{$Name}?action=edit | Edit ]]

> changed to:

> [[{*$FullName}?action=edit | $[Edit] ]]

> Could someone point me to a page at pmwiki.org that discusses this?

See PmWiki/ReleaseNotes about 2.2.0 beta.
I quote:

* Page variables and page links inside of (:include:) pages are now
treated as relative to the included page, instead of the currently
browsed page. In short, the idea is that links and page variables
should be evaluated with respect to the page in which they are
written, as opposed to the page in which they appear. This seems to be
more in line with what authors expect. There are a number of important
ramifications of this change:

* We now have a new {*$var} form of page variable, which always refers
to "the currently displayed page". Pages such as Site.PageActions and
Site.EditForm that are designed to work on "the currently browsed
page" should generally switch to using {*$FullName} instead of
{$FullName}.

* The $EnableRelativePageLinks and $EnableRelativePageVars settings
control the treatment of links and page variables in included pages.
However, to minimize disruption to existing sites,
$EnableRelativePageVars defaults to disabled. This will give existing
sites an opportunity to convert any absolute {$var} references to be
{*$var} instead.

* Eventually $EnableRelativePageVars will be enabled by default, so we
highly recommend setting $EnableRelativePageVars = 1; in
local/config.php to see how a site will react to the new
interpretation. Administrators should especially check any customized
versions of the following:
Site.PageActions
Site.EditForm
Site.PageNotFound
SideBar pages with ?action= links for the current page
$GroupHeaderFmt, $GroupFooterFmt
Page lists that refer to the current group or page, etc in sidebars,
headers, and footers

* The (:include:) directive now has a basepage= option whereby an
author can explicitly specify the page upon which relative links and
page variables should be based. If no basepage= option is specified,
the included page is assumed to be the base.

Hans