[pmwiki-users] How to implement an alternate naming scheme for pages

Vincent Isles islesv at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 08:27:22 CST 2007

Hi all,

I've tried to look at Cookbook.AlternateNamingScheme and none of the
three approaches suggested in the page worked for me.

The following are clear when I use the second approach (redefining
$MakePageNamePatterns):
1. I can access Main.PageName via
http://myhost/index.php/Main/Page_name (I think the default wiki
configuration allow this).
2. The links in the generated HTML goes to
http://myhost/index.php/Main/Page_name?action=edit - which means that
the system did not detect that the page exists. However, when I click
on the link, I am taken to the wikitext of the page.
3. The file produced in wiki.d is Main.PageName (which is expected).

My suspicion is that the error (?) occurs because the function which
checks whether a page exists or not is looking for Main.Page_name, not
Main.PageName. However, when I click on the link, the function which
interprets the URL maps Main/Page_name to Main/PageName.

I'm setting $SpaceWikiWords to 0 (or the default value; I did not
uncomment the line in the default config file). My
$MakePageNamePatterns is as follows:

$MakePageNamePatterns = array(
	"/'/" => '',				# strip single-quotes
	"/[^-[:alnum:]]+/" => ' ',		# convert everything else to space
	"/(^\\w)/e" => "strtoupper('$1')",	# initial caps

I have a couple of other recipes enabled, but in my little
understanding of PHP, I think they're not interfering in any way: page
TOC, section edit, rename, excerpts, sortbyscore, make columns,
newpagebox3, userauth2.

Thanks for any help.

--Vincent Isles