[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Feb 1 19:16:08 CST 2007

On 2/1/07, Neil Herber (nospam) <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> Someone made the comment earlier that they expected to see notation
> something like Animals/Canine/Small/Black, and I agree with that
> sentiment. Animals-Canine-Small/Black just looks wrong to me.

The separator can be set to anything, "/" or "." , and it could
*perhaps* be rewritten to use any of the three options...  However, I
fear using one or the other of / or . would cause other problems, in
that PmWiki *might* have problems recognizing the last part is a page
name, and the other parts are collectively the page group.

I think a simpler solution, if it could be done, might be some kind of
rewrite rule which translates the hyphens back and forth into /'s so
it has the appearance people want.  (Don't really know anything about
rewrite rules). Or some kind of update to the clean url recipe.  Of
course, we should be careful in doing this that we don't confuse users
about what is the group and what is the name. That's critical to
understanding what this recipe does and does not do...  That's the
whole point of Pm's objection above.  It's also why this recipe was so
easy to make.

Cheers,
Dan