[pmwiki-users] Default homepage

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Feb 2 09:43:51 CST 2007

On 2/2/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 08:13:28AM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> > How do you change the default location of the homepage when you do
> > something like
> >
> > [[Group.]]
> >
> > I'd like it to be Main instead of Group.Group by default.  I've tried
> > $DefaultPage and $DefaultName but can't seem to get it to work.  Any
> > ideas?
>
> Well, if $DefaultName is set to 'Main', and Group.Main already
> exists, then [[Group.]] does become Group.Main.  So, this only
> comes into play when the default page doesn't already exist.
>
> Currently it's hard-coded into the MakePageName() routine.
> There's another thread that asks the same question, however,
> so I'll see about turning it into an option of some sort.

I would very much like this.  With Hg, you end up with some long
names!  More importantly, to really get a working home page for each
group, you should have a specified page name (ie., Main, HomePage,
etc.,) automatically.  If I could do that, I could think of lot's of
clever ways to use the [[Group.]] notation...

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Dan