[pmwiki-users] Zapdata question(s)

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Feb 4 07:54:26 CST 2007

On 2/4/07, Hsing-Foo Wang <hsingfoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a very basic question about Zapdata. I could use the
> zapsite.org for asking questions, but I rather share it with the list
> :-)
>
> The 'getting started' page on zapsite.org tell one how to retrieve
> data from another page '(:zapdata Group.Name:)', but how to store
> variables in a different page than the form itself.
>
> I'm trying to have a set of edit templates, view templates and
> datastorage pages for forms. So in future changes within a form (e.g.
> adding fields), I only have to change the templates (3 pages) and all
> the forms are updated when updates/edited.
>
> Am I making sense?
>
> Thanks,
> -HF

I think so.  Not sure what your question was, but you should be able
to do what you want.

Personally, I put these forms in the group footer, using conditionals
to trigger which form is displayed.  For example, in
Profiles.GroupFooter I display their profile information, and if the
authid = the page name it adds an edit button.  If they click the edit
button the page reloads displaying an edit form (in the same
GroupFooter).  They save the changes and it reverts back to the view
mode.  One page and the whole profiles group is viewable, editable,
etc.

See:  http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Profiles.GroupFooter?action=source

Hope this helps.

Cheers,