[pmwiki-users] Page Text Variables Bug?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 7 11:08:16 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 05:20:54PM +0100, Tom Lederer wrote:
> Am 07.02.2007 um 16:38 schrieb Tom Lederer:
> > i tried to use page text variables (on 2.2.26 (beta). But i didn't
> > get them to work, even by not including extendvars recipe. Then i
> > noticed that on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageTextVariables
> > the 2nd and 3rd example also do not work. (on my site not even the
> > first type didn't work)

The second example didn't work because there was a space
before "Address:" in the markup, so it wasn't being treated as a
page text variable.  Currently the page text variable pattern requires
the name of the variable to be at the beginning of a markup line.

I've updated the page and it works as expected.

When I looked at the 3rd example ("Transylvania") it seemed to
be working exactly as I would expect.

> > Besides: math things like in extendvar are not supported/planned,
> > right?

That's correct, I don't plan to immediately add mathematical operations
to the core.

> Well in answering part of my question myself: Page text vars seem not
> to work in Preview, you have to save a page to see the effect. (right?)

Correct.  Page text variables only apply to the latest saved version
of a page.