[pmwiki-users] RSS basic questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 8 09:43:03 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 02:21:27PM -0500, Donald Z. Osborn wrote:
>    2) Can anyone point to some RSS feeds on PmWiki in action?
>            a) From a webpage other than PmWiki
>            b) From an e-mail list
>    (it would help to see how the whole RSS, wikitrail, etc. combinations are
>    crafted)
>
>    I do realize that one has to get an aggregator software somewhere along
>    the line, but may have some help with that.
>
>    I have added the
>
>  include_once('scripts/rss.php');

Note that scripts/rss.php is fairly old and isn't even in the
distribution anymore :-).

To generate an RSS feed from PmWiki pages, use the scripts/feeds.php
script, which is much more powerful.  Documentation is at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WebFeeds .

For displaying an RSS feed within pages, I'd look at the PmFeed recipe.