[pmwiki-users] Browser error messages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 8 10:03:49 CST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 10:07:52AM -0000, marc wrote:
> Liz Fairman - LAWLIBX said...
> > In my attempts to restore my wiki, I have re-installed php 5.2 and
> > PMwiki 2.2.0-28 on my old windows workstation, which is acting as an
> > internal server.  When I try to open a page of the wiki, I don't get the
> > expected display.  Firefox says 'You have chosen to open pmwiki.php
> > which is a PHP file' etc., etc., and offers to download the file.  IE
> > goes right ahead and opens the file in its raw form, just like it looks
> > in Notepad.  What's going on here?  If it's a matter of configuring IIS,
> > I would appreciate some help.
>
> You need to configure IIS to do the right thing with a PHP file. There's
> instruction about this in install.txt in the root of the php
> distribution.

You might also look on the web for instructions -- for example,
I found http://www.iis-resources.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=615 .

If you find a resource that is particularly helpful in setting up PHP
on IIS, could you forward it to the list or to me?  I'd like to point
to it in the documentation, or at least have it handy for when others
come across the same issue.