[pmwiki-users] Odd Attach: page action

John McGinnis john.mcginnis at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 12:50:35 CST 2007

I have a small PmWiki set up on a server to keep a link farm of internet
references. But I am seeing some odd behavior in regards to the Attach: page
action.

1) I upload a file, no problem.
2) The server IP was 71.204.129.181 at the time that the upload was
executed.
3) The server unforunately is on a dynamic address from the ISP. So the IP
changes from month to month.
4) If I go to reference a prior uploaded link, it does not point to the new
IP but the old one. Which of course comes back with no content.

My question is, there be a fix for this? (Yeah I could get a proper DNS host
name registered, but for a little as I access this externally its not worth
the hassle.)

For those that are curious heres a link to what I am talking about --
http://76.186.114.230/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=John.LinkFarm
<BLOCKED::http://76.186.114.230/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=John.LinkFarm>

Place your mouse over 'Crichton on Complexity' and you will note that the
bottom refer bar (on IE at least) shows the 71.204.129.181 address though
the current address is 76.186.114.230.

Thanks for your time.

McGinnis

Basic research is when I'm doing what I don't know I'm doing.

-- Werner VonBraun
     Inventor of the V2, Saturn V