[pmwiki-users] utf inclusion - odd behavior.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 12 13:44:35 CST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 08:26:21PM +0100, Tom Lederer wrote:

> Am 12.02.2007 um 19:39 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
>
> >On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 06:02:51PM +0100, Petko Yotov wrote:
> >>You need to enable the utf-8 support for PmWiki. Problems like
> >>You may also take a look at this page
> >>and fix some other inconviniences related to UTF-8:
> >>
> >>http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AsSpacedFunctionInUTF-8
> >
> >BTW, as of 2.2.0-beta31 the UTF-8 version of AsSpaced is now
> >part of the distribution.  (As are the other improvements in that
> >recipe. :-)
> >

> ...which were a great help for us utf-8 users if it would work ;)
> Sorry to tell you that it doesn' t seem to work (at least for me).
>
> I put this test code in two pages:
> > *NameSpaced: {$Namespaced}
> > *TitleSpaced: {$Titlespaced}
> > *GroupSpaced: {$Groupspaced}

Odd -- it's working on pmwiki.org:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/UTF8/GlückMitSpaß

And for a non-existent page:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/UTF8/GlückMitSpaß-New

> See the difference:
> http://celok.de/Privat/GlückMitSpaß
> http://celok.de/Inhalt/GlückMitSpaß (Namespaced and Titlespaced works)

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to see the pages in the
Privat group.

Are you sure that celok.de is running 2.2.0-beta29 or later?

It's also possible that the i18n.zip file is overwriting the
default xlpage-utf-8.php script with the old one -- I need to
fix that next.

(Actually, I'm thinking that I will rework the i18n distribution
so that each language is available as its own .zip file.)