[pmwiki-users] Keeping recipes up to date

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 15 08:37:23 CST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:18:25AM +0100, Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX wrote:
> I have a lot of recipes installed but only 4 lines are displayed by
> RecipeUpdates recipe.
> Maybe I have old recipes (not having version identification) while there
> is the newer version
> in PmWiki.org already equipped with version info.
>
> Is it possible to list as well the recipes which are
> in the site/cookbook/ directory and make  notes like
> - "recipe is included/not included in local configuration files"
> - "no version info in local copy"
> - "no version info in PmWiki.org copy"
> - "no copy  in PmWiki.org "

While we can list any scripts that appear in the cookbook/
directory, figuring out much more than that may take some
cleverness or a fair bit of work.  At minimum I think we'd
have to require that each cookbook page list the cookbook/
files that are commonly associated with the recipe, and
then the recipeupdates.php script would have match those
lists with whatever files happen to be in the cookbook/
directory to try to figure out what is what.

And if a script in cookbook/ hasn't been loaded by the
local configuration, we don't yet have a way to be able
to determine any version information for that script.

Pm