[pmwiki-users] Keeping recipes up to date

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 15 09:31:24 CST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 03:08:20PM -0000, marc wrote:
> Ah well, another customised recipe for my collection :-| Thank heavens
> for Subversion.

Well, I think we can avoid the need for customized recipes.
I wouldn't see any big problem with rewriting the recipeupdates.php
script (and blocklist.php, and other scripts that want to do url fopens)
to make use of a custom function if present and fallback to
fopen() if not.

For example, in recipeupdates.php, instead of

    $fp = fopen($list, 'r');
    # ...

we could just as easily do

    global $UrlFopen;
    SDV($UrlFopen, 'fopen');
    $fp = $UrlFopen($list, 'r');
    # ...

Then a site could supply a custom setting for $UrlFopen that
does the equivalent of fopen with allow_url_fopen enabled.
Then any sites that have allow_url_fopen disabled can just
include_once('cookbook/urlfopen.php') to load a custom
function for url-based file retrievals.