[pmwiki-users] Speed tips?

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Fri Feb 16 08:20:43 CST 2007

Out of interest how slow is slow? My journal has about that number of
pages and is based on Blogsimple2, which uses page lists entensively.
The longest anything takes to display is about 10 seconds. Most stuff
displays in less than 5 seconds.

One thing that puzzles me slightly is that the time take to display a
list of titles in my Category Archives (pagelist driven) varies a lot.
However, once I have viewed a category once it displays much faster a
second time.

My category page uses a pagelist like:

(:pagelist order=-ctime Category.Fishing fmt=#category:)

Does the pagelist function use the .pageindex file for page lists? If so
is there a way of forcing .pageindex to be updated eg by a cron job.

Ian.