[pmwiki-users] Uploads- read/download access to all? -- static SideBar edit link?

Jamie Robertson jamie at backcountryporch.com
Sat Feb 17 23:33:12 CST 2007

I'm having some issues with uploaded files on my wiki site.  I have a
"$DefaultPasswords" set for admin, upload, and edit in the
config.phpfile—which is what I want, but then when a common user
clicks on the
"Attach:file.doc" on the page, it re-directs to the authentication page.
How do i set it so everyone can download the files, but still restrict who
can upload them?  Thanks.

Also, I have another un-related problem that must be really simple, but i
can't seem to find the code or documentation:

Instead of having to put: "[-[[site.SideBar?action=edit | edit SideBar]]-]"
in the wiki edit section of the .SideBar file, can i make a static link on
the page that automatically edits the SideBar?  and instead of Site.SideBar,
can it edit the $Group.SideBar (because of multiple link lists for different
groups)?

I have this link that accomplishes this for each actual page:
<a class="footer" rel="nofollow" href='{$PageUrl}?action=edit'>$[| Edit This
Page |]</a>

I just need one that does the same for each sidebar. Thank you all.

-Jamie Robertson