[pmwiki-users] pagelist template brainstorming

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 13:08:22 CST 2007

Monday, February 19, 2007, 3:43:04 PM, Patrick wrote:

> Originally proposed:
>    (:first:)
>    (:each:)
>    (:last:)
>    (:first {=$Group}:)
>    (:last {=$Group}:)
>    (:nopages:)   or  (:notfound:)

I prefer this over all the other proposals.

(:firstpage:) is confusing because it comes before the first page,
etc. for (:lastpage:)

(:pagelist-first:) could be confused with (:pagelist ... :) markup,
and this is pagelist template markup.

same with (:pl-first:) etc.

So if these directives do not need to have a specifier noting them as
pagelist template directives (PTDs :-) ) then we might as well use
(:first:) (:last:) etc, especially if we still can use same markup for
attachlist and other list templates (this is what I understod Pm
said). So keep it simple.

I am happy pagelist templates are getting eaier to write (and read), and
faster to process at the same time! Thanks!

Hans