[pmwiki-users] pagelist template brainstorming

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 19 13:53:35 CST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 06:08:21PM -0000, marc wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud said...
> > Another possibility for first/each/last:
> >
> >     (:firstpage:)   (:eachpage:)   (:lastpage:)
> >     (:firstpage {=$Group}:)   (:lastpage {=$Group}:)
>
> I like this best. Thus, (:nopages:), I presume.
>
> Ain't evolution a fabulous thing!

Since there seems to be a wide range of opinion over a
fast moving target, I've started a page at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/VoteOnFirstLastMarkup
where people can register their opinions (votes) on
each of the options we've identified thus far.

Just add your name and +1/-1 by each alternative you like
and dislike.  E.g., I would use "Pm +1" to vote in favor
of a syntax I like and "Pm -1" to vote against a syntax I
don't like.

I don't have a strong like/dislike of any of the syntaxes,
which is why my votes don't appear on the page.  (If I strongly
favored one syntax I'd just go ahead and choose it, if I strongly
disliked a syntax I'd veto it outright.  Such are the advantages
of being the lead designer.  :-)

Thanks!