[pmwiki-users] LIst item with several paragraphs, how?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 20 20:08:31 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 02:37:50PM +0100, Jan Erik Moström wrote:
> How can I make a list item with several paragraphs of text? the
> only thing I've found in the manual is to use \\\ but that give
> me linebreaks not paragraphs.

Several people answered this with a variety of answers --
here's the PmWiki "official" answer:

Simply make sure the first character of any subsequent paragraphs
aligns horizontally with (is in the same column as) the first
character of the text of the list item.

For example:

    * This is a list item.

      This paragraph is also part of the list item, because
      the first letter of the paragraph is in the same column
      as the previous list item.

      This paragraph is also part of the list item.

    This paragraph ends the list.

This is described fully at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/TextFormattingRules#WhitespaceRules