[pmwiki-users] $DefaultGroup/AuthUser workaround

Shi Sherebrin pmwiki at share-a-brain.com
Sat Feb 24 21:18:47 CST 2007

Problem detail discovered: if you include authuser.php before setting
$DefaultGroup, it won't work for you.  That is, if you echo the value you will
see it but the wiki won't actually display the group that you request as default.

I figured out the following less-than-ideal workaround:

I have to move the inclusion of authuser.php from farmconfig.php into every
farm's local config.php, to ensure that it occurs after the setting of
$DefaultGroup.

Although setting $DefaultGroup in farmconfig.php before the inclusion of
authuser.php would also work, some of my fields want to set different values for
$DefaultGroup so that's not an option for me.

If anyone can figure out why the inclusion of authuser.php in farmconfig.php
interferes with the use of $DefaultGroup, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
Shi.