[pmwiki-users] test site

Philip Yates phil at philipyates.com
Wed Feb 28 09:01:22 CST 2007

I've got a test site on a subdirectory, atest, and I've installed the
same version of pmwiki as I've got installed on the main site, installed
on the root directory.    I learned about setting the
"session_name('ABCSESSID')" to different values for each config.php file.

After the posting yesterday about the hacking attack, I downloaded the
entire site to my desktop machine, and then I decided to upload that
(copied) directory back over the "atest" directory, in the (apparently)
mistaken belief that this is the way to a more perfect match between the
"atest" site and the "root" site.  Well the pages now match, but the
session_name setting seems to not work anymore.

What am I missing?  Can I fix things by reinstalling pmwiki over the
atest directory,

I'm not sure, but I think the same sort of thing happened to me earlier
when I tried substituting the config.sys file from the root wiki to the
atest wiki, after editiing the session_name so each config.php file was
unique.

--
Philip Yates
515 High St.