[pmwiki-users] Importing existing TWiki Pages into PMWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 2 17:10:28 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 10:11:19AM -0800, Bob Felts wrote:
>    I am unable to find anything on import of existing pages from another wiki
>    system into pmwiki.  Is this easily done?  My company has a few thousand
>    TWiki pages established, and I am considering switching to pmwiki.
>    However, this is impossible if we have to abandon all the work
>    accomplished to date. Any suggestions?

I'm not too familiar with TWiki -- does it have a feature or option
to export your existing pages into files or something that could
be easily processed?  If so, I could see about implementing something
that could then convert those into PmWiki-compatible formats.

I've done something similar in the past for UseMod wiki pages, and
it mostly works, although there are often some things that don't
map exactly (for UseMod, subpages don't have an exact mapping;
for TWiki there might be some issues with the hierarchical structure
that TWiki uses).