[pmwiki-users] Turning off register_globals using ini_set()

Athan foxx at freemail.gr
Wed Jan 3 08:51:55 CST 2007

"Jason Frisvold" <xenophage0 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:924f29280701030633s783e2492m63c4e402dba1772c at mail.gmail.com...
> Ouch..  Why would your provider do this?  I'm guessing another hosted
> site needed it..  Have you tried informing them of the dangers of
> register_globals?

You're right, register_globals cannot be set with ini_set(). My provider
says that most scripts used by other clients need register_globals thus he
has to leave it on! That sounds stupid but I cannot do anything except
moving my site to a different host, something I really want to avoid right
now.

There is an option to use my own php.ini through an fcgi wrapper script, I
have to investigate this workaround.

Thanks Jason,
Athan