[pmwiki-users] detect new SimpleForum messages

JB jbit at bitlink.com
Fri Jan 5 01:26:26 CST 2007

* Patrick R. Michaud wrote, On 1/4/2007 5:12 PM:
> I've duplicated the problem on with Newsfox on my site, and I'm
> troubleshooting it there.  This is also something that people have
> commented on in the past.

I think I found the source code that checks the feed.
Look for "function checkFeed(index, xml)" which is
one pagescroll down for me.

     http://tinyurl.com/yxufdp

Perhaps you can see if there is something wrong with it.
I think there might be something around wrong around the
oldestEntryDate variable.

I would think if the article name already exists they should
compare the just read xml pubDate to the original article date
and if it is newer it should replace the article (meaning it should
remove the original article and put the newer version up as unread).
Otherwise is could use the oldestEntryDate.

The code is a little difficult for me to comprehend but that is my
best guess.  What do you think PM?

John