[pmwiki-users] PageList Project

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Jan 9 13:40:25 CST 2007

On 1/9/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> Can anyone explain how PagelistProtect works?
>
> In config.php I have:
>
> $EnablePageListProtect = 0;
>
> Then in my site I have pages in group MailList that are read protected.
>
> Finally I have a pagelist producing a pulldown menu for group=MailList
> that is supposed to show all the lists for an action I'm trying to
> perform.  Instead I get a bunch of blank lines, one line for each list
> with no content.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> When I have read access, the list looks perfect.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Still stuck on this, and have been working on it for quite some time
and still can't seem to solve it...  Quite baffling.  Everything else
works perfect except for this one problem.

Here's the markup and the pagelist template if it helps anyone spot
something (still using zap's markup for the select box as it's a bit
shorter).

[[#picklist]]
(:option :){=$Name}
[[#picklistend]]

(:zapform name=join:)
(:table:)
(:cell:)(:if auth admin:)(:input text logentry '{$Email}':)(:if ! auth
admin:)(:input hidden logentry '{$Email}':)(:if:)
(:cell:)(:select name=list:)(:pagelist fmt=#picklist group=MailList
list=normal zapfield=list:)(:selectend:)
(:cell:)(:input submit button "Subscribe":)
(:zap log="MailList.{list}|sort" join:)
(:zap nextpage="Main.Subscribe?action=read" join:)
(:zapend:)

The html output for authorized readers is fine.  When an unauthorized
reader loads the page he gets this html:

<form name='join'
action='http://localhost/zapnews/index.php?n=Main.Subscribe'
method='post'><input type='hidden' name='action' value='zap' /><input
type='hidden' name='ZAPkey' value='join' />
value='guest at zapsite.org' />
class='fpltemplate'></div></select>
value='Subscribe' class='inputbutton' />
</form>

It has every appearance of the pagelist still being projected.  Yet
I've checked a dozen times (well, maybe not quite a dozen, but
close...) that this line is in my one sole config file...

$EnablePageListProtect = 0;

Yep, it's still there.  Is there something else I'm missing?  Did this
somehow get broken in the revisions to the pagelist scrip in beta 2.2?
 TIA

Cheers,
Dan