[pmwiki-users] New page and template

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Jan 11 13:46:12 CST 2007

On 1/11/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 02:53:42PM +0200, Mark Trumpold wrote:
> > This is what I would like to do.
> >
> > Have a link for a new page, once clicked a new page template comes up. The
> > template will have the data entry fields, a place for an image to be
> > uploaded (if desired), HR lines, and of course a post button.
>
> Part of the challenge here is that uploading an image and creating a
> page are treated as two separate actions in PmWiki.  I'm not sure
> they can be easily combined into a single action/post... but we might
> be able to do it.
>
> Could you give an example somewhere of what you want the input
> form to look like, and how you want the output to appear (i.e., the
> page markup it should produce)?  That would make it a lot easier
> to see if this can be done.

This might be something zap could do. It has both data saving commands
and an upload command.  You put a zap form in a group header that
takes all the data input and saves it to the page as text variables.
If the data exists already, it would be preloaded into the form.  Or
optionally, a conditional could be used to tell the groupheader to
display the data rather than the form. (The edit/update form could be
returned to if desired by passing a get variable to the page.  I do
this kind of thing all the time).

As for uploading the image, There is an upload command in the zapfiles
module which simply calls PmWiki's built in update functions.  I
haven't really tested it yet (haven't had need for it yet--just
plugged in the code Pm gave me), but theoretically it would upload
your file and save the data on the same form submission.  It could
also have an attach link to automatically display the graphic saved as
a text var.  Let me know if you'd like to try zap.  I'm interested in
giving the upload command a test run, as I will eventually be using
this the same way for members to upload pictures on their profiles
pages.

Cheers,
Dan