[pmwiki-users] Mediawiki to PmWiki migration - how to preserve old links

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Fri Jan 12 16:47:27 CST 2007

On 2007-01-12 Crisp, Steve [UK] is rumoured to have said:
> I'm migrating this OpenSource site from MediWiki to a proper Wiki -
> PmWiki of course!  I need to preserve links to around 50 articles
> (read: URLs) and have them redirected to the relevant (new) PmWiki
> articles.  Example below:
>
> Existing MediaWiki URL:
> http://wiki.enginuity.org/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions
>
> New PmWiki URL (temporary site!):
> http://scoobypedia.co.uk/enginuity/index.php/Enginuity/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
>
> I want to retire the 'old' wiki so running it parallel is a last
> resort.

Isn't the URL what MediaWiki generates from its markup? Isn't the
MediaWiki markup for an internal link the same as PmWIki's? If you are
transcoding the pages (not scraping the HTML), it may just work out of
the box.

At the worst, you might have to change:
[[Frequently_Asked_Questions]]
to:
[[Frequently Asked Questions]]

Just an idea, since I know close to nothing about MediaWiki ...  ;-)

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/