[pmwiki-users] Help with tooltips recipe (LinkPageExistsFmtTooltip)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 15 10:38:56 CST 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:46:57PM +0100, f.r.salomons wrote:
> I find the recipe LinkPageExistsFmtTooltip very interesting. However,
> there seems to be something wrong with it.
>
> 1. The first part works fine: when I add
>
> $LinkPageExistsFmt = "<a class='wikilink' title='\$Title'
> href='\$LinkUrl'>\$LinkText</a>";
>
> to my config.php, at every link a tooltip shows up nicely with the title
> of the page.
>
> 2. In the second part, something goes wrong. [...]

The second part of the recipe (using $FmtP for $Description and
$DescriptionT) is obsolete and probably won't work properly
in 2.1.0 or later, because 2.1.0 has its own {$Description}
page variable definition.

I've now updated the recipe to use the following instead:

  $FmtPV['$DescriptionT'] =
    '@$page["description"] ?  $page["description"] : PageVar($pn, "\$Title")';

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LinkPageExistsFmtTooltip
for the recipe updated to 2.1.0 and later versions.