[pmwiki-users] Using pmwiki's functions without building the wiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 15 12:52:11 CST 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 05:50:57PM +0100, Wouter Groeneveld wrote:
>    I would like to use IncludeText() so I can access the text in my wiki
>    pages, but I do _NOT_ want to generate the whole skin and page.
>    So when I include("pmwiki.php") > this automatically generates my wiki. I
>    don't want that, I only want to display the includeText() output.
>
>    Is there any possibility to tell pmwiki not do do anything? I only want to
>    be able to use the function includetext()

For 2.2.0-beta22 I'm adding an $EnableActions configuration variable;
if set, then PmWiki will do all of its initialization and other work,
but won't call any $HandleActions routines.

Then you can do the following:

    $EnableActions = 0;
    include('pmwiki.php');

This will initialize PmWiki (along with any configuration/customizations
that are being made, e.g. from local/config.php), but won't actually
perform any actions.  The caller can then call the desired action
or other functions as desired.

Would that work for your needs?