[pmwiki-users] Notify: Who watches the watchers?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 05:47:08 CST 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> 1.  Notify can be directly from local/config.php (and thus would be
>    safe from thugs):
>
>    $NotifyList[] = 'notify=christian at home.com name=Site.NotifyList';

> But for something like this, I think configuring via local/config.php is
> easiest/safest.

I agree, and I added the following to PmWiki.Notify:

!! Hardcoded notification rules

If the administrator is worried about authors modifing Site.NotifyList, he
can require a password for editing that page, and/or create the rule in
@@local/config.php@@ instead. To do the latter, add something like this to
@@config.php@@:
     $EnableNotify = 1;
     $NotifyList[] = 'notify=john.doe at home.com group=Site';
Now it is impossible for authors to modify this rule by editing
Site.NotifyList

thanks,
/Christian